Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
by Cheryl Strayed [Biography Strayed]

When this book first came out, I sort of wanted to read it, but I wasn’t terribly motivated. Then I saw the movie (Reese Witherspoon plays Cheryl Strayed). I loved it, but I love Ms. Witherspoon! Well, after watching the movie, which I’d heard Strayed had been very involved with (thus, it must follow the book pretty closely), I decided to read the book itself and see what might have been left out.
This is a well-written book, first of all! It reads like a novel, in my opinion, but you know that it’s a true story. I really felt like I was out hiking with Cheryl, and I felt like I could see back into her childhood when she described certain incidents. This story is rich with beautiful descriptions of the Pacific Crest Trail, as well as lovely interactions (for the most part) with strangers met along the way.

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try On the Road, by Jack Kerouac]

[ official Wild page on the official Cheryl Strayed web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: