Monday, February 18, 2019

Review: The 17-Day Green Tea Diet by David Zinczenko

The 17-Day Green Tea Diet: 4 Cups of Tea, 4 Delicious Superfoods, 4 Steps to a Slimmer, Healthier You
by David Zinczenko [613.252 Zin]

I’m currently at my heaviest weight ever; I’m getting the worst sleep of my life. I am not only morbidly obese, I’m dealing with obstructive sleep apnea. To top it off, my insurance is not cooperative when it comes to me getting a CPAP to help with the OSA. So I’m trying to find alternate ways to improve my sleep and my overall health. I found this book very interesting, and I’m anxious to try it out! I borrowed the copy from the library, but I may end up buying my own copy. Not only does it thoroughly explain the benefits of drinking green tea, it gives some great tips on what to eat in addition to drinking green tea, as well as some basic exercises to do for about 10 minutes every other day. This is the first time in my life I’ve completely read all the way through a “diet” or “lifestyle change” book before actually jumping right in. I’m hopeful…!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Eat This, Not That! 2010: The no-diet weight loss solution, by David Zinczenko, or The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom, by Melissa Hartwig.]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: