Monday, June 24, 2019

Book Review: Amish Community Cookbook by Carole Roth Giagnocavo



I am a sucker for cookbooks. As a librarian, many cookbooks cross my desk and I love to look at each and every one of them. Last month this particular cookbook caught my eye, so I took it home to browse through the recipes in it. I can usually tell how good a cookbook is by the number of recipes I mark down to copy. This book has all kinds of great recipes, from mouth-watering desserts to canning fruits or vegetables to comfort foods. The book also features facts about the Amish or Mennonite lifestyle which I really enjoyed learning about. I highly recommend this book!

[ official Amish Community Cookbook web site ]

Recommended by Kim J.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: