Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Book Review: Find Her by Lisa Gardner (as downloadable audio)


Find Her
by Lisa Gardner (downloadable audiobook)

This is *technically* a mystery, which I don’t normally like to read. However, I had a “non-reading” friend recommend it to me, as an audiobook, so I felt like I really had to give it a shot. I waited a number of years for its popularity to die down (I’m a slow reader, so I don’t like to read brand-new things, if I can help it, because the pressure to zip through it in three weeks is too great!) and I gave it a shot. Wow! It didn’t read like a typical mystery, in my opinion.

I really loved the way this story went back and forth between Flora (the girl who was kidnapped) and D.D., the detective in charge of looking for her. They’ve got such different personalities, and yet, they’re similar in their tenacity and their hardness.

At one point, like halfway through the book, I thought I had it figured out. I was 100% sure I’d gotten it, and I was a little disappointed that it was going to take the other 1/2 of the book to get to what I already knew. I even made a note in my reading journal about it, which I never do (about that sort of thing). Guess what? I was WAY wrong!!! I was so glad!!! I didn’t want to spoil the book for myself by figuring it out so early. Yay! This book was amazing, and I may even go back and read more by this author. Oh! And I didn’t realize until I came to write this review that it is #8 in a series. I think I had an idea that it was part of a series, but I thought it was the first one. I really felt like it could stand alone. Props to Lisa Gardner!!!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Good Girl by Mary Kubica.] [ official Find Her page on the official Lisa Gardner web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: