Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Book Review: Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man by Emmanuel Acho

Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man

by Emmanuel Acho (305.8 AfrYa)

 

If I could give this book 11 stars, instead of ten, or even 12 or 13, I would! I absolutely LOVE the format of this book!!! I love the way Emmanuel Acho has a formula for each chapter: A brief description of the focus of that chapter; Let’s Rewind; Let’s Get Uncomfortable; Talk It, Walk It. It is so easy to follow, and the way things are explained are extremely clear and simple. I can’t express how much I appreciate Acho putting this book together (and his YouTube channel and episodes, which I didn’t know about until picking up this book). These are crucial topics to discuss and to research and spend some time thinking about, because we MUST work together to improve our current situation!

 

Acho mentions a TON of resources in his book. In fact, that’s a good portion of why I’ve purchased this book in print, after having listened to the library’s audiobook (streamed via Hoopla). I’m also quite tempted to buy several copies and distribute them to various people. I feel like we ALL could benefit from reading this book!

 

( official Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man web site ) | ( official Emmanuel Acho Twitter feed )

 

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: