Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Take You by Eliza Kennedy

I Take You
by Eliza Kennedy

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book back in November (2014) from LibraryThing, but I was unable to get to it until March (2015). Once I picked it up, I didn’t want to put it down!

I’m surprised to see that this is the first novel written by Ms. Kennedy, as she has such a natural flow, as though the situations and conversations were happening right in front of me. It was very easy to get into and become a part of this story! I especially appreciate the tone that this book is written in–that is, I like the fact that our protagonist is a powerful, independent, sexually driven woman. I think some common misconceptions about women and their sexuality are addressed in this story, and I admire the way Ms. Kennedy handled them. I will be passing this one around to my friends–but I’m going to make sure I get it back, as I know I’ll count this among those I like to re-read!!! And I look forward to reading more by Eliza Kennedy!!! -- recommended by Tracy T. - Bennett Martin Public Library [ see Tracy's Reviewer Profile and more of her reviews ]

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger or Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella]

[ official publisher page for Eliza Kennedy ]

Have you read this? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations! 

No comments: