Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

The Husband’s Secret
by Liane Moriarty

The more I listen to audiobooks, the more I find that I especially enjoy listening to a reader with an accent. I don’t know why that is–what is it that we, especially mid-westerners who lack any type of accent at all, find so attractive about the dialect of people from another part of the world? It’s fascinating to me; and if that makes me shallow, so be it!

Anyway, beyond the lovely voice and accent of the reader, I found this book to be very entertaining and captivating. It focuses on three different women who, from the start, would seem to have little or nothing in common. As the story goes on, however, you find that their lives are incredibly intertwined. Although this book isn’t cataloged as a mystery, it certainly would qualify as one in my opinion. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but I definitely felt a bit of the “whodunnit” suspense going on throughout the story!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins, or Where’d You Go, Bernadette?, by Maria Semple]
 
[ official The Husband’s Secret page on the official Liane Moriarty web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: