Saturday, June 17, 2017

Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King

Gwendy’s Button Box
by Stephen King [Compact Disc King]

I enjoyed listening to this book–it’s brand new, and I had no idea what I was in for. I love that it was set in the mid- to late-70’s. I love the main character, Gwendy, and the way she comes into her own as the story progresses. I love wondering how much of Gwendy’s life is of her own doing and how much is as a result of being the keeper of the button box. (I really love the idea of the Button Box and kind of want one for myself–and I kind of don’t, too.).

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, also by Stephen King.]

[ publisher’s official Gwendy’s Button Box web page ] | [ official Stephen King web site ]
 
Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: