Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Harry's Trees by Jon Cohen

Harry’s Trees
by Jon Cohen

I work in a public library, and one day, a patron returned this book, telling me I should definitely read it. She said that a good portion of the story involves an old librarian and a library struggling to stay open. Right there, I was hooked.

Once I began this story, I knew I was going to love it. I love the way it is written, interweaving fairy tales in with modern day, true-to-life situations. The characters are developed so well, I think I could travel into the forest and nearby town in this story, and I’d find them all there. They’re so very real.
Indeed, there is an old librarian and a struggling library in this story, but there’s so much more. There’s a great love of nature present, especially a love of trees. Being a self-proclaimed “tree hugger,” this book was right up my alley!

If you’re at all into fairy tales, or libraries, or the idea of good winning over evil, I’d say you should pick this book up!!!.

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King.]

[ official Harry’s Trees and official Jon Cohen web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: