Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Music Book Review: Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler (as an audiobook)


Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?
by Steven Tyler [downloadable audio version]

I’ve been a fan of the band Aerosmith for many, many years. And I’ve always thought their front-man, Steven Tyler, was one of the most charismatic lead singers out there. He clearly owns the stage the minute he sets foot on it. What I maybe didn’t quite realize was what a brilliant guy he is. He’s extremely well-read and articulate. This book was very enjoyable, interesting, amusing! Steven Tyler is definitely a Wordsmith of the Most Insanely Entertaining sort!!! He was born to be a poet and a singer, and we are ALL lucky that he found his calling and was able to live out his calling. I’m always pleased to hear background stories of how songs came about, what the dynamics of a band’s relationship are, etc. I’m bummed that I’ve never been able to see Aerosmith in concert, but reading about their shows almost makes me feel like I was there!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock.]

[ publisher’s official Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? web page ] | [ official Steven Tyler web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: