Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Book Review: Chaos by Tom O'Neill


I found this to be extremely fascinating! I’ve been obsessed with Charles Manson and the Family for as long as I can remember. One thing I particularly appreciated about O’Neill’s book is that he frequently referenced other books about the Tate/LaBianca murders (not only “Helter Skelter”, but others I haven’t read yet), so I can feed my fascination even more!

I appreciated the time and dedication O’Neill put into writing this book. I learned so many interesting things, not just about the Manson story, but about other questionable things happening in the sixties and 70s…even into present day. I’m the kind of person who is rather naive, so learning that there have been questionable practices going on around me is disturbing yet intriguing.

This is a great read! It’s a bit on the long side, but when you know how much time Tom O’Neill put into researching it, you can totally see why it HAD to be this long.

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Helter Skelter, by Vincent Bugliosi.]

[ publisher’s official Chaos web page ] | [ official Tom O’Neill web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: