Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Book Review: Martha Stewart's Organizing by Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart’s Organizing: The Manual for Bringing Order to Your Life, Home and Routines
by Martha Stewart (648.8 Ste)

 

I really loved this book for what it was: A beautiful, Pinterest-y inspiration book. I have it on my dining table and every time I open it, I feel inspired to clean and organize. My favorite part of the book, and her magazine for that matter, is her detailed calendar. Her monthly calendar is stellar and I always look forward to it the most when I read her magazine. This book delights me because it has all of the calendar months neatly organized inside one, glossy, confectionery binding. I devour cleaning and organization books and this one is, by far, the prettiest.

 

I am always astounded when I pick up a cleaning/organization book and its contents are not cohesive. Martha does not disappoint in the slightest. Every chapter is neatly organized, flowing from section to section with ease. She details how to clean and organize based on the items she listed in her monthly calendar. For example, In the month of November she has “Assemble a Winter Car Kit” and “Make Holiday Crafts.” The following pages are dedicated to describing exactly the best way to detail the car and make holiday crafts. I love it!

 

Aside from the visual delight, I enjoy how streamlined the book is with check lists, calendars, and tasks. She presents a year’s worth of chores in a manageable, easy-to-follow format. It is no wonder she is able to handle such a busy life. She also dedicates a good portion of the year to leisurely activities. Reminding us to ice-skate, horseback ride, and gather with friends and family. After all, it is important to celebrate and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

 

If you are looking for a deep, philosophical kind of organizational book, I would stick to something like Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up or anything by The Fly Lady. If you are wanting Pinterest-in-book-form, then look no further!

 

[ official Martha Stewart corporate web site ]

 

Recommended by Monica K.
Bennett Martin Public Library – Public Service

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: