Monday, April 19, 2021

Book Review: I am Smart, I am Blessed, I Can Do Anything by Alissa Holder

I am Smart, I am Blessed, I Can Do Anything
by Alissa Holder (jP Holder)

This sweet picture book by Allissa Holder and Zulekha Holder-Young teaches readers that being positive in your thoughts, words, and actions can make a day go from good to bad.

 

Little Ayaan is feeling unsure of himself. He has worries, like that he isn’t smart and won’t know the answers at school. He doesn’t think it will be a good day. However, his mom reminds him of the positive things he should remember when he feels unsure: “I am smart, I am blessed, and I can do anything.” And armed with his positive mindset he is ready to walk into his class and tackle the day.


The lesson in this book is a wonderful reminder for all of us, ages 2 to 102. Whenever worries and self-doubt are nagging, using the power of our own words can help us do anything we put our mind to.

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try I Promise by LeBron James or I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes.]

[ publisher’s official I am Smart, I am Blessed, I Can Do Anything web site ]

 

Recommended by Cindy K.
Bennett Martin Public Library — Public Service

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: