Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman

The Ocean at the End of the Lane is really a special novel. It is hard to express just how amazing this book really is. Gaiman writes in such a way that not only do the words leap off the page but they blend together like poetry. This is also one of the rare books that when I was finished I got a sense of satisfaction that is so unusual for me. I have had that feeling with books I didn't care for and some that I loved, this is the latter. The story feels so much like a myth or fairy tale and is just as magical.There is not much I can say about the story itself without taking anything away from the experience and I encourage you to enjoy the magic and dream, Neil Gaiman, for yourself. -- recommended by Wyatt P. - Gere Branch Library

[ official The Ocean at the End of the Lane page on the official Neil Gaiman web site ]


Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: