Tuesday, August 30, 2016

All Dressed in White by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke

All Dressed in White
by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke [Clark] 

I’ve heard great things about both Mary Higgins Clark AND Alafair Burke, and when I saw this new item (something I could check off my 2016 Reading Challenge list–namely, “an item published this year”), I jumped at the chance to read it!

I really loved the premise of this story–it’s about a gal who is a TV Program producer, who specializes in bringing cold cases to light and attempting to solve them on video. This is the second in a series, but it didn’t seem to hurt me, not having read the first one. There are obviously characters that had been introduced before, but they were reintroduced in such a way that it didn’t seem redundant to me. (It’s important to me, when I jump into the middle of a series, to be able to pick it up without feeling like I’ve missed anything; but I also don’t want to feel like I’m being patronized by the author striving hard to bring me up to speed–this book was the perfect balance, in that respect.).

[ publisher’s official All Dressed in White web page ] | [ official Mary Higgins Clark web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read this? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: