Monday, August 29, 2016

Sisters (on DVD)

Sisters
[DVD Sisters]

I knew, when this movie came out, that I would have to watch it. I’ve always loved both Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, when working solo OR together. They were fantastic together on Saturday Night Live. I really enjoyed the memoirs each has written. So I knew this movie would be perfect for me. A part of what Fey and Poehler bring to this movie is not just their own comedic genius (which there’s a heaping amount of), but they also add in guest appearances by several big-name stars. Most of all, because I happen to be in the same age-bracket as these women, the jokes they made about their younger selves in the 80’s also rang true for me. Whether your were the “party girl” or the somewhat socially awkward one, you’ll find something to relate to in this film!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Baby Mama (another Tina Fey and Amy Poehler collaboration) or Mean Girls (Tina Fey & Amy Poehler together again).]

[ Internet Movie Database entry for this film ] | [ official Sisters web site ]

Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you watched this? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: