Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review: Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty (audiobook)

Nine Perfect Strangers
by Liane Moriarty [Downloadable Audio] 

Just when I think I can’t love Liane Moriarty anymore, she comes along and writes something like this! OMG!!! This ranks up there with my favorite books of all time! She’s such a great writer…. I mean, really. Moriarty tells a story like few others can.

I love the character development in this story–this is classic Moriarty, devoting each chapter to a different character’s viewpoint. I found myself looking into health retreats in my area, as, in the beginning, the idea of getting away from it all and doing a whole-person cleanse by way of 10-day retreat was made to sound so appealing! (I still think I’d like to try!) The book has the usual twists and turns that Moriarty so expertly delivers–she gets you sucked into the story properly, so you forget there may be twists coming, and then BAM! she hits you with one…. you’re still sort of reeling from it, and BAM! another! And while the twists and turns make the story what it is, it could almost stand on its own without them… The whole thing is a solid, beautiful work of art!

I hang on her every word, I can’t stand to put it down, and then when it’s over, I wind up with the best book hangover ever!

[ official Liane Moriarity web site ]
]
Recommended by Tracy T.
Bennett Martin Public Library

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: