Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Book Review: The Testaments by Margaret Atwood


The Testaments
by Margaret Atwood

I was in the middle of reading another book when the opportunity to read this one came along. I was hesitant, but knew it’d take a long time before I’d get another chance. So I dumped the other book and read this one. I’m SO glad I did!!! I loved this book almost more than The Handmaid’s Tale!

I really appreciated getting some background on how Gilead got its start, as well as behind-the-scenes points of view of Wives, Commanders, and Aunts. It was really just so perfect! I was worried that Atwood wouldn’t be able to pick up where she’d left off, or that it wouldn’t work well enough. I worried for no reason!!! This book was fabulous and my faith in humanity is restored!

[If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood.]

[ publisher’s official The Testaments web page ] | [ official Margaret Atwood web site ]


Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: