Thursday, October 28, 2021

Audiobook Review: The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware

The Turn of the Key
by Ruth Ware (Downloadable Audio Ware)

I haven’t read Henry James’ novella The Turn of the Screw, but I’m under the impression Ruth Ware’s story is similar in many ways (not just the title).

 

That being said, I really liked this story. Although I cannot see myself being a live-in nanny (as the protagonist of this book was), I have babysat enough children to understand the feelings and challenges met by this woman. All things considered, I was typically on her side and would have probably responded to each situation the same way she did. I really empathized with her!

 

One thing I found very intriguing was the idea of the house, where this family lived, was turned into a Smart House. I found that very exciting and would love to have such capabilities in my own home someday. Or, at least, I thought so at the beginning of the story…

 

( official The Turn of the Key page on the official Ruth Ware web site )

 

See Tracy T.’s review of Ruth Ware’s The Woman in Cabin 10 in the June 2018 Staff Recommendations here on BookGuide!

 

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!



If you're a mystery fan, join us for this month's Just Desserts meeting tonight, October 28th, where we'll be discussing the entire "Easy Rawlins" series by Walter Mosley. The Just Desserts group holds our in-person meetings at 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. in the 4th floor auditorium of the Bennett Martin Public Library downtown at 14th & "N" St. on the last Thursday of each upcoming month. Tonight is our 2021 finale, as we don't meet in November or December. For more information, check out the Just Desserts schedule at https://lincolnlibraries.org/bookguide/book-groups/#justdesserts

No comments: