Sunday, October 31, 2021

Book Review: The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

The Tommyknockers

by Stephen King (King)

 

This was a re-read for me — I pick this up every four or five years and give it another go, to see if I love it as much as I did the last time. It never lets me down!

 

The Tommyknockers is truly a scary story, with creepy aliens and the affects that their slow takeover have on the inhabitants of a small town in Maine. And I love the scary parts! But what I love more is the relationship between Jim “Gard” Gardner and Roberta “Bobbi” Anderson. They’re both writers, which always appealed to me as a would-be writer (aren’t we ALL would-be writers?), and they’ve known each other for decades. They’ve been there for each other during hard times, and they’re still there for each other during this worst hard time!

 

( official The Tommyknockers page on the official Stephen King web site )

 

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: