Thursday, May 5, 2022

Book Review: Betty Crocker Best 100 Favorite Recipes From America's Most Trusted Cook by Betty Crocker

Betty Crocker Best 100: Favorite Recipes From America’s Most Trusted Cook
by Betty Crocker (641.5 Cro)

I initially picked up this book from the non-fiction New Book Display because the colorful cover caught my eye. I was pleased to find large, colorful photos of every recipe (a must have!) and readable print (I don’t like struggling with small fonts and squinting at books).

 

This is not simply another compilation of recycled, boring recipes. As the introduction reads, “This book gathers the best tried-and-true favorites…”

 

We first get a history of Betty Crocker and her many faces. Then recipes by category – Favorite Quick Breads; Best Yeast Breads; Celebrated Main Dishes (including holiday recipes); Irresistible Cookies, Bars, and Candies; and Unmatched Desserts. There’s also a dozen gluten-free recipes, and some recipes for the slow-cooker.


There are no weird ingredients you’ll never use again, and the accompanying photos are close-up and mouth-watering. Just flip through the book and via the photos alone you’ll find many recipes to tempt you.

 

Now don’t get me wrong, I love my air fryer and instant pot, but sometimes I just want to use my favorite pans and let the house become saturated with the scent and anticipation of a cooking meal. I was not disappointed by the selection here.

 

( official www.bettycrocker.com 100th anniversary web page )

 

Recommended by Charlotte M.
Bennett Martin Public Library

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: