Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Book Review: Sundial by Catriona Ward

Sundial
by Catriona Ward (Ward)

I received this book as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy), as a promotion for Readers’ Advisory.


I had never heard of Catriona Ward, though I was intrigued right away when I saw that Stephen King had sung her praises for her previous book. I figured, if my favorite author digs her writing, I will too.

 

Um, digging it is an understatement! I love the way Ward writes! This story is brilliant, and I was truly on the edge of my seat throughout. I never knew what was coming. Every time I thought I had something figured out, I would be proven wrong. I really enjoyed the dynamic between Rob and her daughter Callie, between Rob and her sister Jack, and I hated Irving! (As I was meant to.)

 

Pick this one up and give it a read! It’s a bit graphic, a bit dark…. that’s what I love!!!

 

(If you enjoy this, you may also wish to try Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.)

 

( publisher’s official Sundial web page ) | ( official Catriona Ward Twitter feed )

 

Recommended by Tracy T.
Anderson and Bethany Branch Libraries

 

Have you read or listened to this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?


New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide Blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewer’s recommendations!

No comments: