You might be surprised to learn how many other well-known individuals in the fields of popular culture have also passed on this day, in various years, throughout history. Here are some highlights:
Authors who died on November 22nd (year in brackets)
- Jack London  -- author of "Call of the Wild"
- Aldous Huxley  -- author of "Brave New World" -- same exact day/year as JFK
- C.S. Lewis  -- author of the Narnia series -- same exact day/year as JFK
- C.C. Beck  -- prominent mystery author
- Leonard Wibberley  -- author of "The Mouse That Roared"
- Anthony Burgess  -- author of "A Clockwork Orange"
Prominent actors/entertainers/artists who died on November 22nd (year in brackets)
- Scatman Crothers 
- Sterling Holloway 
- Mae West 
- Michael Conrad  -- Hill St. Blues
- Shemp Howard 
- Mark Lenard  -- Sarek in the Star Trek series/movies
- Michael Hutchence  -- INXS lead singer
- Parley Baer 
- Verity Lambert  -- first producer of Doctor Who in 1963
- Dave Cockrum  -- long-time artist on The X-Men
What is it about November 22nd?