Thursday, May 15, 2014

Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book
by Diane Muldrow [158.1 Mul]

I remember growing up with Little Golden Books around me throughout my childhood -- either the handful my parents might have purchased for my collection of kids books, or various titles seen in drugstore book racks and pediatricians' waiting rooms. Looking back on those memories from 40+ years later, I vaguely recall the art in Little Golden Books being somewhat creepy and/or simplistic, and the storylines being very simple and basic, with "uplifting" messages. This little hardback book manages to pull together dozens of images from many of those classic old childrens' books, to address the "big issues" of life...in the style of the "Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" type of books. It's a quick read, and for those of us who grew up with Little Golden Books in our families, it is definitely a nostalgic experience. -- recommended by Scott C. - Bennett Martin Public Library [See Scott's Reviewer Profile ]

[ official Little Golden Books web site ]


Have you read this one? What did you think? Did you find this review helpful?

New reviews appear every month on the Staff Recommendations page of the BookGuide website. You can visit that page to see them all, or watch them appear here in the BookGuide blog individually over the course of the entire month. Click the tag for the reviewer's name to see more of this reviewers recommendations!

No comments: